Saint Rémy de Provence
- - quiet area
- - pool
- - fireplace
Request information - Ref. 560L82M
This magnificent 18th century property, situated just outside St. Rémy de Provence yet only a few minutes' drive to the town centre, is the former home of painter Albert Gleizes. It stands within its 3 hectares of beautiful parkland and variety of gardens. It was recently restored and renovated with great good taste, the elegant simplicity of which adds a contemporary touch; and all the rooms on both floors are bathed in light, thanks to the many high windows that give onto the superb gardens. Composed of two adjacent buildings (principal house and caretaker's house) providing in total 600m² of living area.The principal house offers 480m² of living area on two floors:
- Very beautiful entry hall.
- Very large reception room, with Italian-design furnishings, and high windows of antique wood giving onto the superb gardens from both ends, and with a stunning old stone fireplace.
- Large living room with TV, also serving as a games room.
- Very beautiful and spacious family kitchen, with dining area where a long table can welcome 12 guests to dine before the magnificent, and immense, stone fireplace.
- The open-plan kitchen is equipped with: 2 dishwashers, electric oven, 4-ring induction hob, 2 fridges (one is American-style), cold room, Nespresso coffee-maker and filter coffee-maker, electric kitchen appliances…
- Office/library with fireplace.
- 2 guest toilets.
The upper floor is accessed by two staircases at each end of the house.
- Master bedroom (1 bed 200 x 200 cms) with en-suite bathroom (bathtub, shower, 2 hand-basins, separate toilet) and walk-in closet.
- Double bedroom (1 bed 160 x 200 cms) with en-suite bathroom (bathtub, shower, 1 hand-basin, toilet) and walk-in closet.
- Double bedroom (1 bed 180 x 200 cms), with bathroom (shower, hand-basin, toilet), walk-in closet.
- Suite comprising: Double bedroom (1 bed 180 x 200 cms) with bathroom (shower, hand-basin, toilet) and little sitting room with convertible pull-out couch sleeping 2 people, with bathroom (shower, hand-basin, toilet).
- Single bedroom (bed x 90 cms).
- Single bedroom (bed x 90 cms).
- Separate bathroom (shower, hand-basin, toilet).
- Laundry with washer, dryer, ironing (pressing) equipment.
- The house stands in the middle of 3 hectares of most beautiful landscaped parkland with gardens of different styles.
- The drive-way to the house is lined by mulberry trees prettily lit-up in the evening.
- In front of the house there is an enchanting formal French boxwood-hedge garden.
- Behind the house there is a perfectly-kept lawn with a number of two-hundred-year-old plane trees, spilling out into a small wood, a romantic, peaceful and shaded spot in which to retreat in the heat of the day; a lavender field, Provençal plants, and a small pond.
- The Swimming-pool is constructed of stone (16 x 6 m), bordered by lawn (chaises longue, shower, toilet and cloakroom).
- Outdoor Patio terrace for summer dining with table and chairs for 12 guests.
- Household linen supplied (bed bath, table).
- Internet access with Wifi.
- Satellite TV.
- Games room.
- 6 bicycles available for use.
- Electric entry gates.
- Garden and pool service included.
- 12 hours housekeeping a week.
- Final housekeeping included.
- Caretaker in residence.
Arrivals: Saturday from 4:00 pm – Departures: Saturday at 10:00 am.
A few minutes drive to the centre of Saint Rémy de Provence, 20 minutes to the TGV Avignon train station and Avignon Airport, 50 minutes to Marseille Provence international airport, 40 minutes to Nîmes Camargue airport.
CENTRES OF INTEREST AND ACTIVITIES
Saint Rémy de Provence- a few minutes, Les Baux de Provence - 15 minutes, les Saintes Maries de la Mer and beaches - 60 minutes, Regional Park of the Camargue - 30 minutes, Arles - 20 minutes, Avignon - 20 minutes, Aix en Provence - 40 minutes,Regional Park of the Lubéron - 25 minutes, the Pont du Gard - 45 minutes; golf at Les Baux, at Mouriès, and Pont Royal, horse-riding, walking in Les Alpilles, cycling and mountain-biking…
OUR ADVICE: A superb property offering the most beautiful interior and exterior spaces, within its wonderful gardens. The interior speaks of elegance and simplicity, with the gentle, unostentatious tones and colours of the décor adding a touch of modernity, perfectly complimenting and blending with the 18th century character of the house. A property where nothing is lacking for those vacations of distinction…